Day-care Hospitals provide the full-range of super specialty healthcare services which include consultation with specialists or super specialists across multiple departments, comprehensive diagnostic services, minor Operation Theatre and Pharmacy.
At Deshmukh Hospital we provide day care services for all kinds of surgeries, chemotherapy, endoscopy, preventive health programs and even certain types of outpatient antibiotic therapy for many minor procedures or treatments, patients can avoid overnight hospitalisation.
Such hospitals are being used for:
- A few ENT procedures
- Minor surgeries that do not require hospitalization
- Chemotherapy for cancer patients
- Outpatient Dialysis
- Endoscopic procedures or minimally-invasive surgeries
Features and Benefits :
- The Day-care center offers a patient-friendly ambience where the patient and caregivers can walk in, get treated and be discharged the same day.
- Patients are taken care of by our expert Oncology team comprising of full-time Medical Oncologists, Hematologists, physicians, onco-nurses, pharmacists and well-trained support staff.
- It is cost-effective for patients, saves their time which would be unnecessarily wasted by overnight stay, and makes it hassle-free for family members or care-givers.
- There is minimum to no disruption to the patient’s regular routine, paving the way for quick recovery
- Patients can recuperate at their home after getting treatment in the day, which increases their comfort level and psychological recovery.
- There is no need for any boarding facility for caregivers of the patient. This is especially useful for patients coming in from outstation as they can now head back home after treatment.
- Since there is no overnight stay, patients with compromised immunity are at lesser risk of hospital-acquired infections. Facility services staff take utmost care in ensuring proper sanitation and disinfection towards this end.
- As patients are isolated from the hustle-bustle of a large hospital, cancer patients feel less stressed and can undergo treatment in a relaxed manner. This boosts their confidence and helps in faster recovery.
- Patients receive treatment on a private couch or in a common lounge in an aesthetic setting with soul-soothing music in the background. They can also read, watch TV or surf the Internet while going through the procedure.
- The waiting area and reception are spacious, cozy and noise-free. Attendants or family-members can spend time with magazines, newspapers and television, making it a nice experience overall, for everybody.
- Patients and attendants need not wait for long periods of time for admission procedures. There is a separate admission counter in the Day-care center, while the discharge process is quick.
- There is a dedicated insurance desk which offers services including cashless benefits and reimbursement of expenses.
- Psycho-oncologist service can also be availed if required, for clear communication, positive reassurance and stress alleviation.
- A dedicated Chemo Mixing Bio-safety chamber ensures utmost safety of staff and minimum delay in getting mixed chemo drugs for patients.
- A fully-equipped pharmacy where all medications are available round the clock.